Monday, April 9, 2012

KEEP CALM WITH ARMOR ON

© 2012 Rennasus
As part of the WEGO Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge, I'm writing a post a day for the entire month of April. We're allowed two "free" days, and I took one of mine yesterday. (I had enough challenge in the kitchen preparing Easter dinner for nine without adding to my tasks!)

Today the prompt is to write a riff on the British wartime poster, "Keep Calm and Carry On." Here's what I came up with (American spelling intentional).

Because in order to jump through the many multiple hoops
of the ever-changing,
exhausting,
frustrating,
frightening
(and downright demoralizing)
experience
that is cancer,
you must first put on your emotional armor.
Always.


3 comments:

  1. Renn, I love your poster with the Americanized spelling of armour. It's so "right on." The juxtaposition of calmness with armor of the emotional variety is very clever. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks J! Can't make it through without our E.A.!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are encouraging — and encouraged!